Fairy Light Curtains have the power to make any room or space beautiful and magical. They will make you feel as if you live in your own fairy-tale. You can decorate your room with them, you can also use them as decorations for birthdays and make the birthday girl feel like a princess, or use them to make your date nights even more romantic. You can choose to hang them along the headboard of your bed, or on your curtains, on your doors or entryways or wherever you like them best.
Making your own DIY Fairy Light Curtains is not as hard as it seems. Here is what you need:
- String Lights:
The amount depends on how long your wire is and how lit you want it to be.
- Sharp blade or Wire cutter
- Tape: It must be strong. It is best to use a duct tape, you can spray paint it to hide it.
- SPT1 or SPT2 Zip Cord Wire:
The length depends on the size your wall. It is best to buy the complete packet but, if you do not want to them 20 feet is enough considering your wall is 14 feet high.
- SPT1 or SPT2 Inline, Male and Female Zip Plugs
- Transparent net curtain:
You can use or dye it in any colour that goes with the theme of your room.
- Curtain Pole
- Curtain Hooks
- Two screw-in hooks
- Curtain Loops
- Stick-on Fairy Light hooks
Once you have collected all the supplies given above, then follow these steps:
- Cut a piece of zip cord wire according your space and lay it straight. If your walls are 9 feet high then you can cut around 15 to 20 feet of the zip cord wire.
- Now based on how far you want each light to be, put pieces of tape on it and keep putting the female zip plugs on the tape spaces. You can put them on a difference of 1 inch.
- You can install your inline plugs by sliding their back off and align your wire with the two metal prongs of your inline plugs.
- Now, add a male zip plug at one end of your wire and a female zip plug at the other end.
- Now, add string lights at each plug.
- Stick these lights on your curtain using the stick-on fairy light hooks and keep going until you are done.
- Make sure that you are hanging your DIY Fairy Light Curtains at a place where your fairy lights can easily reach a power source in order to keep them lit.
- To hang your DIY Fairy Light Curtain, mark two points at your wall. The space between those two points should be the length of your curtain rod minus 2 inches.
- Make sure that your marks are straight and in parallel to each other or else your curtains will be hung up in a slanted manner.
- When you are completely satisfied with your marks, the next thing that you need to do is to drill holes in these marks and fill them up with the two screw-in hooks, one in each hole.
- Now add the curtain hoops in your curtain rod and hang it on those hoops on your wall.
- Hook up your curtain with the curtain hoops and enjoy your DIY Fairy Light Curtains by plugging them in with the nearest power source.
If I’m moving too fast, do check out the video reference which I believe will be very helpful for you to create your first DIY Fairy Light Curtains!
See? Making your own DIY Fairy Light Curtains is not hard at all. Now, enjoy your own magical place and take loads of pictures to up your Instagram game quickly. You can add your own Framed Pressed Flowers and your very own dream catchers to add even more life into your own place.
In any case, stay connected by checking my other content here: /