I've never been a huge River Island fan. But I've recently been very impressed by what I've seen RI produce in the past few years. Their clothes stay at the height of fashion and they really seem to be on top of their game. Their 'style' is still quite different to Topshop or H&M but they have something for everyone.
Having two besties that work for the company can come in handy. For example their Summer Season Sale started this morning at 8am and the first 35 people through the doors received an extra 50% off all sale items. Madness! So I dragged myself out of bed at the crack of dawn and jumped in the car with my friend at half 7.
But it was so worth it...
Here we are with our RI extra discount wristbands
1) Gold bangles with turquoise stones, bird charm and 'hope' charm.
2) Wild pattern silky peg leg trousers. I love these. Not something I would usually go for, but with a plain vest tee and wedges I think I can make it work...I hope I can make it work!
3) Floral kimono style blouse. This is so beautiful but bloody hard to get into. I spent a good 5 mins in the changing room trying to get it on. There's a little cami underneath and then the loose sleeves which you sort of flip over yourself and it hangs down the back like a cape. I'll do an outfit post with this soon.
3) Black cycling shorts. To wear underneath denim cut-offs or too-short dresses/skirts. Can't wait to wear these!
4) Sleeveless tribal print tube top. In a swimwear type fabric of all things. Could wear with leather look leggings in the evening or denim shorts during the day.
5) White playsuit. Was originally £39.99 reduced to £20, and with my further discount, just £10. Bargain!
It's very Made in Chelsea, the material is thick and feels expensive and it fits very well. I'm thinking I'll wear it with either brown caged heels or white platforms. It also looks great with flats. Just need a summer garden party to attend now.
I'm excited about my new buys and how cheap they were. In total I saved a huge £90. I got 6 quality items and only spent £30. I think even Primark can't beat that!
If your reading this now and you didn't queue outside your RI this morning, you won't get the extra half price discount but the general sale is still pretty good. Most items were already 50% off or more and there were great deals on handbags/purses (I had to restrain myself.)
Did anyone go shopping in the RI Sale today? Tell me what you bought!
I only went to my local River Island so god knows what amazing deals they had in the bigger stores!
Just a quick reminder that my give away ends tomorrow night, Friday 1st July at midnight, so go enter!